At Mottram C of E Primary School, we believe that History fires children’s inquisitiveness about the past and the wider world. History helps children to develop transferrable skills they can use across the curriculum and in later life, such as asking perceptive questions and thinking critically. Here at Mottram we intend –
- To stimulate the children’s interest and curiosity about the past.
- To foster interest and enjoyment in learning with the use of artefacts, practical activities and field trips.
- To enable children to gain knowledge and understanding about historical periods, significant events in the past and lives of people in the past and to appreciate how things have changed over time.
- To develop a sense of chronology.
- To help children understand society and their place within it so that they develop a sense of their own identity.