You can apply for admission to the school on Tameside council’s website, here.
You are welcome to visit the School before deciding to apply for a place. Please telephone to arrange an appointment. When you have decided, give your details to us and we will arrange to send an application form to you at the appropriate time. This does not guarantee an offer of a place.
Once your child has been offered a place, we will invite you and your child into school for lunch and for a general informal meeting with the Headteacher and Foundation Stage Team.
The Governing Body operates a system of equal preferences under which they consider all preferences equally and the Local Authority allocates places according to its policy. In the event that there are more applicants than places, the governing body will allocate places using the following criteria, which are listed in order of priority:
1. Looked after children and children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order).
2. Children with special medical or social circumstances affecting the child where these needs can only be met at this school.
3. Children who have a sibling in school who will still be attending school the following year.
4. Children whose parent(s) are faithful and regular worshippers in the Parish Church of St Michael & All Angels, Mottram in Longdendale. A completed supplementary form must be submitted along with the application, together with a letter from the vicar.
5. Children resident in the Parish of St Michael & All Angels, Mottram in Longdendale. A map showing the parish is available from school. Proof of address is required.
6. Children who live nearest to Mottram School. Distance will be measured as a straight line from the childs home address, using the address point assigned by the National Land and Property Gazetteer, to the main gate to the school property. Measurements will be made using the local authority’s school admissions data mapping software, which uses a Geographical Information System based on Ordnance Survey. Proof of address will be required.
7. Children whose parent(s) are faithful and regular worshippers either at other Christian churches, or at other places of worship, for whom this is the nearest Church School. This is defined as attending another place of worship at least once per month for twelve months prior to application. A completed supplementary form must be submitted along with the application, together with a letter from the vicar, or minister or other church officer.
The Governing Body of Mottram CE Primary School is consulting regarding their Admission Policy for 2019-20, as we are statutorily obliged to do.If you would like to make a comment on the policy as part of the consultation process, the contact details for the school are:
Mrs Melissa Scattergood, Acting Headteacher, Mottram CE Primary School, Warhill, Mottram, Via Hyde, Cheshire, SK14 6JL. Telephone: 01457 763368 Fax: 01457 765237